Our 5 Minutes of God Time song
Our random video (about calling to the whales with orchestra music)
And the meat of our discussion: Adolfo Kaminsky
- A list of biblical verses pertaining to lying
- Some of our discussion questions:
- Is there ever a time when it's OK to lie/deceive or break laws? And since we agreed that in Adolfo's case, it was OK, where is your PERSONAL cutoff point (on the scale of "making fake passports to save thousands of innocent Jews" to "murdering an abortion doctor to try to prevent the death of innocent babies")? Are there times in our everyday lives that we justify small wrongdoings/lies/deceits with the belief that it's for a good reason?
- For Adolfo to do what he did required the efforts of many people. Who else needed to be involved for him to have those opportunities (i.e.- the rest of the forgery team, the person within the Nazi regime who slipped them the list of targets, the previous employers who taught him the skills this job required, the people who helped buy supplies or supplied the apartment, etc.)? Is the courage of those people equally worthy of our admiration?
- Was there a cost to Adolfo? Do you think he knew the consequences of his actions when he chose to help?
- Why do you think he decided to join the resistance rather than flee when he had the opportunity?
- When you look at the events in Adolfo's life, do you think it all took place by happenstance?
Hope to see you next week!